Baptist Health –University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences IM Residency Program
Professor of Medicine,
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Section of General Internal Medicine
Resident education in outpatient and inpatient evidence based care, patient safety and quality care.
Resident education in transitions of care with emphasis on post- acute clinical care.
Polypharmacy and medication review in the medically complex patients
Care transitions & post- acute and long term care for medically complex patients, outpatient & inpatient care for medically complex patients and the frail elder.
Selected Academic/Professional Activities & Scholarship:
- Chair of Education Committee, AMDA
- Rothman IN, Middleton L, Stack BC, Bartel T, Riggs AT, Bodenner DL. Incidence of diffuse FDG uptake in the thyroid of patients with hypothyroidism. European Archives of Otolaryngology 268(10):1501-1504, Feb 16 epub 2011.
- Mendiratta P, Wei JY, Gomez A, Podrazik P, Riggs AT, Rycus P, Gossett J, Prodhan P. Cardiopulmonary resuscitation requiring extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in the elderly: a review of the Extracorporeal Life Support Organization registry. ASAIO 59(3):211-5,. May-June, 2013.
- Frank RW, Middleton L, Stack BC, Spencer HJ, Riggs, AT, Bodenner DL. Conservative management of thyroglobulin-positive, nonlocalizable thyroid carcinoma. Accepted 2013, epub 2013.
- Co-I, PO1 Grant, 2.08% effort. (PI: Dr. Sue Griffin) Early Events in Alzheimer’s Pathogenesis. Project period 1997-2014, budget period 2013-2014. Current Year total: $1,103,808.
- Effective reduction of 30-day hospital readmission rates. Cleary M, Smithwick S, Keesling S, Riggs A, Podrazik P, Simmons S, Caradine D, Mendiratta P, Khan M, Azhar A, Wei JY. American Geriatric Society Annual Meeting, Grapevine, Texas, May 2-5th, 2013.
American Medical Directors Association, Arkansas representative to the House of Delegates
Rand Corporation Special Committee for International Nursing Home Quality
Arkansas Innovative Performance Program Advisory Board: Joint Office of Long Term Care & Arkansas Foundation for Medical Care
Arkansas Medical Directors Chapter, Co-founder Arkansas Chapter
UAMS Promotion and Tenure Committee
Geriatric Fellowship: University of Rochester School of Medicine and
Dentistry, Rochester, NY
Internal Medicine and Primary Care Residency PGY 3: George
Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
Internal Medicine Categorical Residency PGY 1&2: University of
Minnesota School of Medicine and Dentistry, Minneapolis, MN
Medical School: University of Minnesota School of Medicine and
Dentistry, Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor of Science, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine
Added Qualifications in Geriatric Medicine, American Board of Internal Medicine
Certified Medical Director, American Medical Directors Association